About Me

My photo
Place where I share random thoughts & pictures.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Simple Blanket Tutorial

Super easy peasy.  I am by no means a seamstress.  I just like to make cool stuff (well I think it is) for myself and friends. 

 I started with this already made clearance blanket for like $5 at Hobby Lobby.  Beckett added the milk stain 10 minutes before this photo was taken. :)
 I wanted it more "patchwork" so I did 4 big squares - 2 minky - 2 owl cotton fabric.  So I cut those and laid them out.  Sewed the 2 top ones together, the two bottom ones together.
 Then sewed the 2 sections together.


 I did pin these together working with the silky slick fabrics they moved around a bit.  (I don't sew perfect and I had to just trim along the edges.  Lay out your fabric good (right) sides facing each other.  ugly sides out.  Sewing with the cotton fabric/minky combo on top against will be easier.  Don't forget to leave a hole in the middle to turn it right side out.  Cut your corners, turn right side out,  and push the corners out.  Sew it back up. 

There ya have it.

No comments: